HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Paleo Savory Zucchini Fritters {recipe}




Yesterday we went out to work in the garden and found these ginormous zucchini's. It had been a few days since we did a walk through but wow, they were a surprise. I can only assume it was the unnatural heat wave we had come though the past week. The humidity was horrid, thank goodness we have a cool down heading our way.

So with these super fabulous zucchini's it is time to think of delicious recipes! I love zucchini fritters (or cakes). A few years ago I posted a recipe for an Italian Zucchini Cake that is amazing. However now that I have switched to the Paleo lifestyle I had to revamp the recipe. I must say, you can not tell the difference in flavor from that recipe to the new Paleo recipe, it is delicious! Enjoy!



2 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cup almond flour
1 egg
Italian seasoning
Sea salt
Garlic powder
Bacon grease

Shred a large zucchini and drain. I used paper towels to help squeeze out the moisture. Add remaining ingredients to the shredded zucchini except for the oil and mix.

Heat bacon grease in a large skillet. When oil is hot add large spoonful of mixture into pan and cook until brown and crispy on both sides.

Remove fritters to a paper towel lined plate. I served mine topped with uncured bacon and a egg that I fried along side the fritters. Delicious!!





2 comments:

Kim of Mo Betta said...

haha, I can remember finding crazy large zucchini like that! I SO miss having a garden, hopefully next year. There are so many things you can do with zucchini!

Sandy said...

We've had quite a few giant zucchini this year too. I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...