HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Monday, August 5, 2013

Paleo Baked Meatballs {recipe}



A couple weeks ago I won the best giveaway ever! A big box of paleo & gluten free items from The Healthy GF Life. The timing could not have been better because I had just decided to go 100% paleo instead of the 80/20 I was doing. This box of amazing goodies, cookbooks and more was just what I needed to start this new healthier lifestyle for me and my family.

Opened my box to find these wonderful treats!


 EPIC beef, turkey and Bison bars..


 Two boxes of Caveman Cookies



 A few CHOMPS snack sticks
 


Along with some Paleo Magazines and a few other books, shirts, GF/Paleo bars and more I received signed cookbooks from The Healthy GF Life herself Tammy Credicott!! I love cookbooks, I have more than I will ever need but besides my Kindle paleo cookbooks I have not had the chance to buy any hardcover ones so this was the best prize ever!

Last night I decided to crack open The Healthy Gluten-Free Cookbook because hubby wanted meatballs for dinner. Normally I would make mine with Italian bread crumbs but since cleaning out my pantry that no longer exists in my house. So what do you use as a substitute? Almond flour and coconut flour...perfect!

So I adapted her recipe to what I had in my kitchen and to what the flavors of the house are and came up with this recipe. I served the meatballs with an organic jarred butternut squash sauce. It was amazing and even hubby (the pickiest eater ever, went back for thirds!!)

Paleo Baked Meatballs

2 lbs ground grass feed beef
5-6 finely chopped garlic cloves
2 eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh kale
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tablespoons mixed dried Italian seasoning (or you can use 1/2 - 1 tsp each oregano, thyme, and basil)
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour

Preheat oven to 350

In large bowl hand mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
Roll into 1 1/2 inch meatballs
Place meatballs side by side on a small lipped cookie sheet
Bake for 15 mins, turn meat balls and bake for an additional 15 mins.
Serve hot with sauce of your choosing.

The original recipe from The Healthy GF Life calls for pan cooking the meatballs. Normally I do but just didn't have the time so I baked them. They were just as delish and I didn't have to stand over the stove :)

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...