HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Piggy Sammi Bento's


 C's Lunch


M's Lunch





Rotisserie chicken salad Piggy Sammi's. Snap peas, carrots and barley in EVOO and garlic, grapes, cheese, kiwi flowers and carrot sticks.

Our little piggy's were inspired by the book Yum-Yum Bento Box. Pikko of Adventures in Bentomaking created an adorable Piggy burger and I knew it was perfect for today. This is the first item I have tried to recreate from the book since I bought it and I am excited to do more.

Our piggy's were made with the mini slider buns from Trader Joe's, bologna and nori. Inside the bun is a salad made from last nights rotisserie chicken with some mayo, stone ground mustard, black pepper and paprika. This is the first time the girls have had chicken salad and I am happy to report they loved it. However I think the piggy made it more fun and appealing...thanks Pikko!

How I pulled these boxes together shows the love for my girls. I woke this morning with a nasty pitched nerve under my shoulder blade. I have intense pain shooting up the side of my neck, limited mobility and a wicked headache. All I want to do is lay in bed and hide, but they begged for a bento and I didn't want to let them down. Both boxes only took 10-15 minutes total... just proving you can make fun and fab lunches in just minutes.

I just realized I am behind in my Bento Summer School assignments..well how perfect that I should make this for Week 5..wahoo!

6 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

you are so talented, mama.

Jaime Leigh said...

This is just adorable

tata | bonitafood said...

These piggies are so adorable, chubby, and of course... tempting! LOL :D

Kim, USA said...

Hi Stephanie thanks for the following you are my 100 follower ^_^. I would love to add this site to my kitchen blog okey? Love those colorful and crafty veggies. Even me would love to eat those right away ^_^ Happy weekend!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

I LOVE your bento boxes. I wish I would take the time to do them, but I never do. I don't have bento boxes, or the stuff to separate the stuff. I really would enjoy it I'm sure. I think it is hard to make for boys for school since the othe boys would either have to think it was awesome or they might get beaten up. LOL! Little bunnies and flowers would be pushing it for a 10 year old.

Carma Sez said...

ugh on the pinched nerve....but that piggy bento is one of your cutest :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...