HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Monday, September 29, 2008

Nothing But Time {Sewing}




This was a nice weekend. Hubby was working Sat but was home on Sunday, so guess what I was doing..yep sewing. I have to say I'm very proud of myself this time. I decided to try the "Wanda" pattern again but with a fly zipper. I have done zippers but only on ponchos or dresses, so doing a fly was new. It took my a little while to wrap my head around it, but I finally figured it out on my own and I think it turned very well. However the waist was still too big on C so after having a pow wow over the phone with my girlfriend D she gave me a good idea to make belt loops. So I made loops out of the same ribbon used to trim the back of the pants and then stitched a belt for her. Then realizing while at preschool she wouldn't be able to untie her belt or work with buckles, I used Velcro so the belt would over lap itself and she would have no problem if she had to use the potty.





Then for my youngest daughter M, I wanted to try appliqueing on jeans. So I made the Faith Double Layer Top and from the same fabric I appliqued the front of her jeans. A-dor-able, but I'm bias...haha. So my little girls as usual are my testers and if these clothes can handle a day of ware and tear from my girls, I will be making some for sale on my site soon.



 



3 comments:

1 out of 4 said...

Awesome WANDA's. I'm so impressed that you tackled the zipper fly too. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

-Corie
www.banberryplace.com

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Thanks Corie! I love your store, i'll be back to buy more soon ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...