HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Friday, January 25, 2013

Mommy Bento - Taco Leftovers



Sometimes the best lunches are the ones that are super simple. No frills and easy to make. I have a hard time remembering to eat until about 3pm when my stomach is growling and making me nauseous. As all moms know, you think of everything the kids need first and you come last. So when I can throw the nights dinner leftovers into my Easy Lunchboxes container I feel that at least I have accomplished one meal for myself that hopefully, I will remember to take out of the fridge before the girls get out of school.

Ready salad mix is perfect for an easy taco salad. Layer some taco meat, re-fried beans, diced red onions, chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese. I love to add crushed crispy salty tortilla chips to my taco salads. It is just hard to add them to a plate you know you won't eat until the next day. Why? Soggy chips. No one likes soggy chips.

This is where the extra compartments in the ELB comes in handy. It will keep my chips crispy until I am ready to add them to my salad. In the smaller compartment I have two sauce containers. One has taco sauce and one has Thousand Island dressing, that's right....dressing. The BEST taco salad dressing is a mix of taco sauce and Thousand Island dressing. Instead of making my blend I kept them separate because some days I want more zing from the dressing and some days more spice from the sauce. Since it is unknown what direction I will go until I pull my lunch, this was a good solution.

P.S. Did you notice the beautiful hot pink color of the ELB lid? Easy Lunchboxes introduced recently their new "Brights" collection. Awesome colors of Pink, Teal, Yellow and Purple. My girls have already claimed their favorites and of course, ohhh'd and ahhh'd over the new colors. I must say, they are pretty spectacular.




0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...