HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day Of School Cakes!



It's that time of year again! The first day of school cake. My girl friend Sharon from Mama's A Mess clued me in to a tradition she started years ago with her oldest daughter "K". On the first day of school she would present her with a cake. The school grade was cleverly decorated on top and she would take a picture of her holding it. To see the changes in K over the years from Kindergarten on is something I look forward to every year. 


So when C started Kindergarten, I baked her a cake and started the tradition in our family. This year M finally got her first cake and was so excited!




Look at how C has changed already! I never believed people when they would say "they grow so fast, cherish each moment". I thought "really, how fast can it go?" Well now I am a believer...it goes darn quick and even quicker every year they get older.

5 comments:

kyleen said...

This is such an adorable tradition! That first grade cake looks delectable.

Veronica Lee said...

Love the tradition, S!

Yes, they grow too fast.

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Oh yes! It goes SO fast! Makes me sad sometimes!

***Sharon*** said...

Super awesome that you are making the cakes!!! Thanks for the shout-out! Looking forward to all the future cakes!

amy (fearless homemaker) said...

What an awesome idea! You're always giving me such great ideas to use once hubby + I decide to start trying! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...