HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kikkoman Review, Recipe & Military Commissary Giveaway



In my house growing up, Kikkoman was a name we all knew. My step father was very particular when it came to certain brands and Kikkoman for our soy sauce was the only brand ever bought. So of course when I was living on my own, it was all I used. Even if another brand was on sale, I would stick with Kikkoman because I knew I would never be disappointed with the flavor or quality.

My most favorite Kikkoman product besides soy sauce is the Panko bread crumbs and the Katsu sauce..yumm! I am so excited to see more products from Kikkoman such as the Quick Marinades and the Pearl Soy Milks. 

I keep many Kikkoman products stocked in my house. Right now I have their Katsu sauce, Teriyaki sauce, Panko, Soy Sauce, Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce, and Rice Vinegar either in my fridge or stocked in my pantry. And thanks to Kikkoman they sent me a wonderful box full of product goodies to try to include the new Kara-Age Soy-Ginger coating mix which I can not wait to try!!


One recipe I make often is either chicken katsu or tonkatsu (pork). It is so easy you really do not need a recipe, all you need is Kikkoman Panko bread crumbs, meat and seasoning. So simple and so delicious my girls always ask for seconds.


Tonkatsu Recipe

Ingredients:

6 Boneless Pork Chops, thin sliced
1 cup Kikkoman Panko
1 cup Flour
1 Egg, beaten
Garlic Salt
Black Pepper
Sweet Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Veggie Oil (enough oil to pan fry but not "deep fry")

Instructions: 

Step 1: In a large fry or saute pan heat oil on med high. 

Step 2: Grab 3 separate plates or bowls. Plate #1 will have the flour, plate #2 the egg and #3 Kikkoman Panko. In bowl #3 I like to add spices to the Panko but it is not necessary. However I like to add the above listed spices. Because Kikkoman Panko is so light you can add any spices for a new delicious flavor.

Step3: Take a pork cutlet and dredge in the flour. Next dip and cover the floured pork in the egg wash. Finally dredge again into the seasoned Panko and straight into the hot oil.

Pan fry on med heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip cutlet and cook until second side is golden brown. Remove to a plate covered with a paper towel. Rest for a minute and serve hot.


Just in time for the holiday Kikkoman is offering 1 Military family follower a $25 Commissary Gift Card!!

How To Enter:

Stop by Kikkoman and tell me what product is your favorite or maybe one you would like to try! Please make sure if you do not have a valid email address on your blog or profile, add it to your comment so I can contact you easily. 

This giveaway runs through the weekend and closes Sunday Dec 18th @ 11:59 (EST) Winner will be picked by random.org and posted on my Facebook page Monday Dec 19th and an email will be sent. Winner has 72 hours to reply to my email otherwise a new winner will be picked.


Disclaimer: I was contacted by a marketing rep for Kikkoman to try some of their products and host a giveaway for the above mentioned commissary gift card. A review was not required. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and are unbiased.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think my husband has their soy sauce flowing through his veins instead of blood. (Did you know they sell a huge can of soy sauce? Something I learned from him.) However, my favorite products are their teriyaki sauces. We use them for stir frys, meats, even to make beef jerky!

***Sharon*** said...

Low-sodium soy sauce. It's the ONLY one I use! If my grocery store is put I will go elsewhere! No kidding!

Veronica Lee said...

I swear by the Kikkoman brand, S! I, too, have soy sauce flowing thru' my veins, LOL!

Rosemary said...

The quick and easy marinades looks awesome. Especially the roasted garlic and herbs.

rosemaryf10@yahoo.com

Amber said...

I love kikkoman, I just went to the store for some mirin today! I can't make SukiYaki without it.

Carma Sez said...

we are not a military family but we do enjoy Kikkoman.

BTW loved your comment on my blog about what you would compare your blog to :)

Jenni Price said...

Just bought some Kikkoman soy sauce today! I would be interested in trying their soup mixes :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...