HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Handmade Costume Sneak Peak - Can You Guess?

  
This year I handmade a costume for M. I sure wasn't planning on it, and M already had her mind made up on what she wanted. It was the same as last year...Snow White. So I was happy when she decided to join her friends and do something different, even if it meant putting off projects I really wanted to finish.


Two of her BFF's are sisters and are being characters from the same "gang". There was a few characters available if M wanted to join in, and she did. So we thought about the other characters and one in particular jumped out at us, "she" perfect for M.


So mama got sewing. With ideas swimming through my head, I wanted to stay with the "classic" characters colors. While the dress is not a style the character wore over the decades, when I saw this pattern, I just couldn't resist.


I even made a matching accessory that I just loooove! I can not wait for M to put on her outfit and parade around town with her friends. I am pretty sure people that see the three girls together will know who they are.

So what do you think? Have any ideas?


* Do not forget about our Silk Instead Of Milk Giveaway. Enter Today!*

9 comments:

SgtsWifey said...

Apple Dumpling from Strawberry Shortcake?

Kacy

3Giraffes said...

Lemon Merengue from Strawberry Shortcake!! :)

3Giraffes said...

...Or Orange Blossom...but I'm pretty sure that's Lemon. :-D

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

@SgtsWifey - Oh you were so close, right direction though.
@3Giraffes - You guessed it...my lil blondie will be Lemon Meringue...lol

***Sharon*** said...

The detailing on the dress/hat is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!

Veronica Lee said...

Yep, Steph. The detailing is incredible!

Jenni Price said...

I was thinking someone from Strawberry shortcake's gang and I see others guessed that too...OR....I was thinking Holly Hobby but I don't remember any friends of hers?? Hmm??

But anyhow, I really like the fabrics you chose. From what I can tell, it's going to be really pretty!

SgtsWifey said...

Ha ha I needed my glasses on and I was looking on my iphone- oops, should have seen those were lemons not apples!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Awe.. I'd say Lemon Meringue from Strawberry Shortcake. Can't wait to see it on her! I get to make a Link costume this year {from the video game Zelda} Fun, fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...