HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Show {Off} Your Shot - Beauty and The Beast



Today starts a new week of Show {Off} Your Shot hosted by and then, she {snapped}. It's hard to decided what pictures to post because I have been shooting so many different things lately. So I decided to go with "the beauty and the beast".

The bird of paradise I shot upon sunrise while walking my daughter to school. I saw the way the sun was coming through the "feathers" and loved the bright colours. I processed it in Photomatix (LOVE this program thanks to Trey from Stuck In Customs) using the "painterly enhancement" and played with the adjustments until I got the desired textures. Then I did a little more adjusting in Picasa and there you go.



This is a "7 Ton" from my husbands motor pool. While I was visiting this office the other day I noticed the sign which normally is not on the truck so I wanted to capture it. I used Picnik for the selective black and white and then loaded it into my Photomatix for texture around the tires, tread and grill.

Have a picture you want to show off? Click the button and link up!




and then, she {snapped}

2 comments:

rachel said...

that bird of paradise is so colorful! is that really what they are called?

Carma Sez said...

wow - you are incredibly skilled!! especially love what you've done with the second shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...