HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bento Summer School Week 3


C's lunch box:

Salami and cheese star sami with sliced grapes, blueberries, pickles, snap peas, cucumber flower, red bell pepper spears, mini orange on a bed of alfalfa sprouts, strawberries with Cool Whip and star sprinkles and star yogurt covered cookies.

M's lunch box:

Same as C's minus the pickles and her sami is PB&J

I have now come to the realization that I can no longer make a simple lunch. I honestly set out just to throw a sami and some fruit into our Easy Lunch Box containers..but before I knew it the box was unfolding in front of my eyes and ideas and colors were swirling through my head. I found myself rummaging through my bento supplies to find picks and cups...I couldn't stop.

So while I was on this path of creating I figured I might as well turn it in as my homework for Bento Summer School Week 3. This weeks theme is "Color" using fruit and veggies and not food coloring. So this is what I came up with. Wish I had more red leaf lettuce to layer in my box, but I ran out a few days ago. So I made due with what I have at the ready and I think it works, plus as always, it was a hit with my girls ;)

p.s. Isn't the mini orange cute with the stamped flower. Got the idea from Hapa Bento and because of the flower the girls were able to peel the oranges themselves!


7 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful, the colors look great!!

That giraffe pick is the entire reason I need to go shopping in California, because obviously a plane ticket is much cheaper than Ebay. ;o)

I can no longer make simple food either, and F&B are confused when the food isn't pretty!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

LOL, great way to put it Shannon "confused when the food is not pretty"..I totally get that..haha

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

wow, very bright and colorful..
how lovely

Jen said...

its beautiful. it would definately be a hit with my kids as well

Carma Sez said...

the orange idea is greats. Even us adults have trouble getting the peeling started!

Bonnie said...

Love it!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Hey, just to let you know: Couple of awards for ya here --http://kpolizzi.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-awards.html

How are the computer issues?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...