HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Monday, August 19, 2013

Easy Paleo Cilantro Lime Slow Cooker Chicken {recipe}




I have been dying for some sort of cilantro lime combination for dinner and I love my crockpot! So I went online and found this super easy recipe from All Recipes. I changed the ingredients just a bit to accommodate my foodie lifestyle. I put my chicken over thin sliced sauteed yellow squash and zucchini I picked from the garden just that morning and then topped with fresh homemade guacamole! For my family I replaced the squash and zucchini with green beans and everyone loved it! Hubby made sure to tell me after his second helping to add this recipe to the weekly menu. That is always a good sign :)


Ingredients:

  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 jar prepared organic salsa
  • 4-5 garlic, chopped (optional but I LOVE garlic)
  • Cumin
  • Onion Powder
  • Black Pepper
  • Chili Powder
  • Cheyenne Pepper
  • Sea Salt
In the slow cooker add the wet ingredients, herbs, garlic and spices. Note: I did not add amounts for the spices because, I do these by taste and preference.

Add the chicken to the slow cooker and coat the chicken. Turn slow cooker onto High for 4 hours. Once the timer goes off I used two forks to roughly brake up the chicken while still in the slow cooker. I didn't "shred" the chicken because my girls prefer chunks. Stir up your chicken once more and set the temp to Low for one hour to cook all the yummy spices into all the chicken pieces. Serve hot.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...