HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Thursday, March 3, 2011

S.Darmock Photography - It's Me!


So I finally decided to open a gallery online called S.Darmock Photography and even bought a dot com domain. I have always had a camera in my hand, especially since the girls were born, but now I am venturing out of my usual "comfort zone" of capturing just my girls and finally once again seeing the beauty around me.

I have been traveling all over the San Diego area. I try to find a new place everyday and I can not wait to drive cross country to our new duty station in April. There will be so much to see and capture in that week span, I might go into photo overload..lol

A few weeks back I met up with Muffin Tin Mom, Semper Fi Momma and Oh Yeah_Her at the Mission San Luis De Francia. We all brought our kiddos and had a wonderful picnic and ventured around. I shot some lovely captures of the grounds and buildings (ALBUM HERE). During our visit Muffin Tin Mom asked me to take some shots of her and her kids. I was happy to, but a little nervous since I have never done portraits for anyone but my own family. We found the right place and right natural lighting and began our shoot. Muffin Tin boy was being so silly it was hard to get all three looking at the same time, however this is what I find makes the BEST shots. I love the natural, not posed types of shots, and I loved these.....








Thanks Muffin Tin Mom for letting me share the pictures. Please feel free to stop by my gallery S.Darmock Photography and tell me what you think. You can comment on a picture and even rate them. On top of that I have the option of opening up my pictures for sale. I am contemplating doing this in the near future..right now I just want to have shooting.

5 comments:

Someday I'll Learn said...

I love it! I really like the duck pictures on your site. Can't believe you're leaving soon!

Semper Fi Momma said...

You are simply amazing and inspiring to me! I love it :) The Muffin Tin family pictures are great, and you are so right in that the natural photos are always the best ones.

Heather Vincent said...

Awe...beautiful shots!!! You did a wonderful job! Just curious, where and how do you go about buying a dot com sight? I really want to do that with my business. Right now, I'm just doing a business blog.

On a side note, not sure if you remember me telling you my youngest brother is in the Marines, stationed in FL? A couple weeks ago, he received orders for Japan!!! He has been trying to figure out what is going on, because they won't let him re-enlist because he has something wrong with his foot, had 2 surgeries on it when he was in AZ, and two more times since he has been in FL. He's trying to figure out why they gave him orders, but they won't talk to him about it. Crazy, huh? Also speaking of the Marines, he is an instructor to new Navy/Marine personnel coming out of boot camp, several of the men and women he has taught, my other younger brother in the Navy, who is deployed on the USS Abraham Lincoln right now, has meet them. VERY. Small. World. huh?

Anyway, done with my novel. Just kind of fun to find someone who has the same background as my siblings...someone to talk to and relate to..

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congrats on getting your own site! You took gorgeous pics of MTM with her kids - she must've just loved them!

***Sharon*** said...

I told you before.......and I'll tell you again now that I LOVE the self portrait of you holding the camera! The second thing I love? Your comment about "just having fun shooting." You go with your bad self, mama. Your pictures are FAB!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...