HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bacon & Cheese Meatloaf {recipe}


I wanted to do something different with my meatloaf so of course I headed to Food Network. I found a great recipe, but modified it to what I had on hand. It was AMAZING, here is what I did...

Ingredients:

3 slices thick cut smoked bacon, diced
1 large Shallot, diced (about 1 cup)
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon spicy mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
2 tablespoons half and half
kosher salt & black pepper (I eye ball it)
2 pound ground beef chuck
2 1/2 cups Sharp White Cheddar

Glaze:

2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy and fat renders, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate. Cook the diced shallots until browned.

In a large bowl whisk the eggs, mustard, Worcestershire, half and half, salt, and pepper. Add the meat, cheese, and cooked onion. Chop up the bacon a little finer and add to meat mixture. Mix with a fork until  blended.

Whisk the glaze ingredients together and set aside.

In a shallow large baking pan, form mixture into a loaf shape. depending on thickness bake for 50 minutes or until  an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 155 degrees F.  Spread the glaze onto the meatloaf and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Remove and let set for at least 10 minutes before serving.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there--just stopping in to say hi! and see what you were up to! Saw you on SITS today too! Love the meatloaf idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...