HOME           ABOUT ME           PHOTOGRAPHY           BENTO           RECIPES        PR/PITCHES        DISCLOSURE         WEEKLY LINKS
***NOTICE: Please bare with me while I reload ALL the images that was deleted in a Blogger/Google+ fiasco. All images from the past 3 years have been deleted and it will take me awhile to reload everything and get my blog back to it's original state. Thank you for your patience! ***

Monday, August 23, 2010

Awesome Food In Old Sac You Must Try!

We are still in NorCal, my sisters wedding yesterday was as gorgeous as she was (pictures to follow later). We are all tired and missing our own beds, but seeing her walk down the isle and standing next to her as her Maid Of Honor was well worth it. Before the 3 day wedding festivities began we took the girls Thursday to Old Sac for some shopping and fun. We stopped at a local corner bar for lunch called Sports Corner Cafe. This is a place I had been to many times before in my 20's but it was to grab a drink...wow I missed something good. That day their special was a bacon cheese burger with fries for just 7 bucks! Sounded awesome to use so we headed inside.

This was my kind of place. It was a bar in all sense of the word but we were able to take the girls inside which some bars that serve food you can not. It was not busy, a few patrons hanging out on the bar stools drinking their draft beers. We grabbed a table and promptly ordered two Shirley Temples for each girl followed by a "half n half" which is of course a half order of fries with a half order of onion rings. We sat back, looked around, a immediately was comfortable.

The waitress/bartender was a sweet heart and the food was awesome! Everything was perfectly cooked and was a little surprised to see the cook had a light hand when it came to the deep fryer. Now a days we should be so lucky if the chicken strips aren't a dark, over cooked burnt color and as dry as the desert. These fries, onion rings and even the girls chicken strips were cooked just perfect...and my burger, OMG juicy and delish!


C enjoying her drink....


M being silly...


Me enjoying my family and.....



...enjoying my Gin and Tonic with an olive and a twist.


Hubby's Blue Moon draft....


Our delish half n half....


..and my amazing, juicy, still sizzling burger!

So if you ever find yourself in Old Sacramento and want a yummy place to eat with good service and reasonable pricing belly up to the bar at the Sports Corner Cafe.








Disclaimer: I was not approached or offered anything to write for Sports Corner Cafe. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and are unbiased.

1 comments:

Kim of Mo Betta said...

it's only 9AM, but I really want those onion rings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...